FoodChain Terms of Service
Thank you for using FoodChain! FoodChain’s products and services are provided by FoodChain
and use of FoodChain’s website, products, services, and applications (“Products”). Please read
these terms carefully, and contact us if you have any questions. By using our “Products”, you
1. Anyone can use FoodChain products upon being able to abide and form binding contract
2. Any use or access by anyone under the age of 13 is prohibited.
3. You grant us a nonexclusive,
license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with FoodChain (IP
License). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless
your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
4. IP content is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer.
Removed content may persist in backup copies for a period of time required by law (but
will not be available to others).
5. You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on
6. You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access FoodChain, using
automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, scrapers).
7. You will not engage in unlawful multilevel
marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on
8. You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
9. You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
10. You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
11. You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites
violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
12. You will not decompile, reverse engineer,
copy, or use FoodChain source code or
proprietary information without express written consent from a representative of
13. You will not use FoodChain to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or
14. You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or
appearance of FoodChain, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page
rendering or other FoodChain functionality.
15. You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement or our policies.
16. You will not provide any false personal information on FoodChain, or create an account
for anyone other than yourself without permission.
17. You will not create more than one personal account.
18. If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
19. You will not share your password (or in the case of developers, your secret key), let
anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security
of your account.
20. If you select a username or similar identifier for your account or Page, we reserve the
right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate (such as when a trademark
owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name).
21. You will not post content or take any action on FoodChain that infringes or violates
someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
22. We can remove any content or information you post on FoodChain if we believe that it
violates this Statement or our policies.
23. If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your
account when appropriate.
24. We provide our services for free, but please be aware that your mobile carrier's normal
rates and fees, such as text messaging, and data charges, will still apply.
25. You provide consent and all rights necessary to enable users to sync (including through
an application) their devices with any information that is visible to them on FoodChain.
26. If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will
remain in full force and effect.
27. If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
28. Any amendment to or waiver of this Statement must be made in writing and signed by
29. You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else
without our consent.
30. All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us in
connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or
31. Nothing in this Statement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
32. This Statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
33. You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing FoodChain.
34. If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on
FoodChain, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages,
losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to
such claim. Although we provide rules for user conduct, we do not control or direct users'
actions on FoodChain and are not responsible for the content or information users
transmit or share on FoodChain. We are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate,
obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter
on FoodChain. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any
user of FoodChain.
35. WE TRY TO KEEP FOODCHAIN UP, BUG FREE,
AND SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT
YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE PROVIDING FOODCHAIN AS IS WITHOUT ANY
EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED
WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE,
WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT FOODCHAIN WILL
ALWAYS BE SAFE, SECURE OR ERROR FREE
OR THAT FOODCHAIN WILL
ALWAYS FUNCTION WITHOUT DISRUPTIONS, DELAYS OR IMPERFECTIONS.
FOODCHAIN IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT,
INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR
DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND
DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY
CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES.
IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE
§1542, WHICH SAYS: A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS
WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER
FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM
OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH
THE DEBTOR. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR
OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES
ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS STATEMENT OR FOODCHAIN,
EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THIS STATEMENT OR FOODCHAIN
WILL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100) OR THE
AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID US IN THE PAST TWELVE MONTHS. APPLICABLE LAW
MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL
OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION
MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, FOODCHAIN’S LIABILITY WILL BE
LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
without warning or consent without notification. As required by law or other agency we
will seek your consent to agree to new policies and terms when necessary.